Saturday, October 3, 2009

We Continue To Get The Hog Barn Ready For Winter

Today Mike stopped at Menards and bought an overhead door, 2 windows, and the rest of the siding. He poured the pad for the door today and will install the overhead tomorrow.

We went out to Chris' today (a guy who just stopped one day and asked us if we would like some timbers from a barn he had torn down) and sorted through wood from the barn that he had torn down. We found enough timbers for the rest of the loft railing! I snapped a few photos- it looks great!


Halloween Time and the loft is perfect for decorating.


I had took a couple of vacation days (October 1st and 2nd) hoping that I would get a lot done on Charlotte's Web. It was cold and rainy both days. I had to bring the pieces that we ready to wrap with copper foil into the house because the tape didn't want to stick due to the cold. I wrapped what I had cut and ground. On Saturday I began cutting pieces again and I now have all but 4 pieces of Charlotte's Web cut now. Hopefully next week end stays warm and I can get those ready to wrap.

No comments: