Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More Snow!

We are getting hit with yet another snow storm! We've already gotten about 8 inches, and the snow continues to fall, and the wind is picking up. It has been snowing since last night, and the forecast says its not supposed to let up until around 3 pm today. And it sounds like Interstate 380 may be closing soon. The good thing is my work decided that it would be better if we didn't try to come into the office today! I was very happy about that- I hate driving on the interstate in decent weather, and when the weather turns bad its a nightmare out there. I will happily stay inside and watch the snow fall, and continue putting together the pictures from our road trips last year, and keep thinking to myself that summer is just around the corner...

Our second road trip was to visit Cedar Rock, the house that Frank Lloyd Wright built as a summer home for businessman Lowell Walters in 1950. We all thought the house was pretty ugly, but the boat house was awesome. If you get a chance to visit Cedar Rock it is pretty interesting, and it’s just outside of Quasqueton, IA. Here is a link if you'd like to learn more about Cedar Rock http://www.iowadnr.com/parks/state_park_list/cedar_rock.html.

Here's a little slide show that I put together. I didn't take a lot of pictures that day because it was pretty cold and I was more concerned about staying warm! I hope you enjoy the slide show.


No comments: