Saturday, September 19, 2009

This Weeks Progress

On Thursday the "Dylans" from Silver Brother's Construction came out and finished the roof. Saturday more of the siding got put on and the Hay Trolley got hung.

On Sunday Big Dylan showed up around 7:30 and he and Mike hung more siding. This morning it rained for about 5 minutes and then stopped. When I walked down to the barn there was a rainbow!




I got to drive the big fork lift again today. My son Dakota snapped some photos of me raising and lowering Mike as he hung siding.



We wrapped it up around 3:00 pm. The Dylans are supposed to come back out tomorrow and finish the siding, facia, and soffits.

Shortly after I went in to the house to get cleaned up I heard what sounded like cars crashing. I had just stepped out of the shower so I yelled at Dakota to go and see if everything was okay at the barn. I quickly got dressed and went down to the barn to see what had happened....the trolley had fallen!




As Mike, Dakota, and I surveyed the trolley Mike saw right away what had happened. When the Amish fixed it they had only brazed the outside so basically it was an accident waiting to happen. I just thank God that no one was any where near the trolley when it fell because that would have been a tradgedy I am sure. When the trolley fell it broke in 3 places this time. Mike is going to fix it but we will never hang it again. Instead it will sit in a corner of the loft for memories sake only.


I returned to the house and Mike continued to work on cleaning up in the barn. I later went back down and he was hooking up the light that he had hung on the front of the barn today. He was trying to surprise me! He said he felt really bad that the trolley had broken because he knew how much I really loved that trolley. It was a very nice surprise! And the light is absolutely stunning all lite up!



9 21 09- The Dylans came over today. They got the front and north side soffit and facia done. It rained a little today and it was very foggy this morning. The first day of fall is tomorrow!

9 25 09 - Mike finished the deck for the stairs going up to the loft! It looks great! Things are getting wrapped up. The big fork lift is parked in the driveway ready to be picked up. The scaffolding is down and Mike will return that tomorrow.
We decided that the big vent that I bought to go on top of the barn was too rusted to put up. I will use it as a decoration for the flower bed that I am going to put in front of the barn.

I am going to focus on getting my window design done for the West side so that we have some light coming in because it's pretty dark in the barn now! I'm going to cut the glass in a web design and call it Charlotte's Web!








No comments: